18 Best Shopify Apps To Grow Your Sales in 2020 [Free To Use]
There’s no doubt that Shopify is one of the best e-commerce platforms to make online stores and retail point-of-sale systems. It is so complete that it lets you grow and manage a business wherever you go.
Shopify lets you sell in any platforms as well like social media, marketplaces, blogs or even in person. All you need to do is to build your own store and publish it to the public for viewing.
But is that really the only thing you need to do to make a Shopify store? Of course not, you still have to do marketing strategy and do lots of research to successfully attract customers and earn sales.
There are also too many Shopify apps that you can use to improve your Shopify store. Apps that can potentially increase your sales and customers. That’s why in this article, we’ll be giving you the best Shopify apps that you can use to improve your store, increase your sales, and attract more potential customers.
We’ll be breaking this down into categories so you know exactly which app to use to improve your Shopify store.
Shopify Apps For Marketing, SEO, and Promotions
Promoting a Shopify store is something that everyone is doing. Not only it increases your sales but it also expose your store to any platform that is available only. Here are the Shopify apps that you can use to increase your sales.
I will put Free Shipping Bar by Hextom in number one because it’s also one of my favorites. A lot of customers today are expecting products to be shipped for free. Especially if they reached a certain amount of money in their cart. Free Shipping Bar lets you adjust this amount. Let’s say the goal $80, when they reached that amount, they will get free shipping.
According to recent data, 88% of consumers would be more likely to shop at a site that provides free shipping.
Free Shipping Bar Features
Free Shipping Bar Advanced Targeting Features
But do you know what’s best with this app? This app is FREE and will never show its company logo in the bar because they know it will look unprofessional.
Instagram is one of the biggest social media ever and fashion bloggers are mostly found in this platform. So why not use Instagram shop by Snapppt to increase your sales while the customers browse your photos?
How Instagram Shop works?
Consistent Cart is the app you should really give a try. It maximizes your marketing without being charged by ad agencies, SEOs or designers. It can also boost your sales up to 300% without spending any cash on ads.
Consistent Cart Features
There are times that a customer leaves a store with their items inside their cart, and this could lead to a loss of a huge amount of revenue. But, with PushOwl Web Push Notifications. It will help you remind your customers about their abandoned cart through push notifications. No more losing revenue!
Push Owl Features
- Very easy to use
- Abandoned cart reminders, helps to recover the items that were left behind by the potential customers.
- Price drop push notifies the customers that the price of an item drops.
- Back in stock push notifies the customers about an item having stocks once again.
- Shipping push notifications notify the customers about their items being delivered
- Welcome push notifications
- Flash sales notifications
With Basic PushOwl, you may only have 500 impressions. But you may upgrade to 10,000 impressions with business type for only $19/month.
SMS Bump is Shopify’s most loved text marketing and automation app. With more than 300+ Shopify Plus clients, 1000+ Shopify Advanced and more than 5000 SMEs use SMS Bump to fully automate all notification and marketing processes in their stores.
Create SMS and Text with image marketing campaigns in seconds and track results. Fully TCPA and GDPR compliant. Integrates with major Shopify apps such as Klaviyo, MailChimp, ReCharge, Smile.io, PushOwl, ReCart and many more.
Download SMS Bump for FREE, set up in less than 5 mins and join 5000+ Shopify stores averaging a 35x increase in ROI.
Text marketing and automations
- MMS support – Boost conversion by sending Image (PNG) or GIF SMS to your clients (US only)
- SMS Segmentation – Combine Shopify filters for more narrow targeting
- Run A/B Testing. Run different variants of a SMS message and measure performance
- ROI Powered Text automations including Abandoned Cart Reminders and Customer Reactivation
- Integrates with Shopify Flows
- SMS Automations (On new order, based on the payment method, on shipped order and many more
- Full support and tracking of Shopify discount codes + individual discount codes
- SMS campaign scheduling
- Opt out lists – keep track of unsubscribed clients
- + Many more
- Send messages just the right time – Launch campaigns or send automations based on your customer’s local timezone, wherever they are
- Quiet hours – Input quiet hours based on your store timezone which guarantees that your clients would not be woken up in the middle of the night by a text message
- Country restriction – Send messages only to a certain countries
- Max cost per text message – Optimize your costs and do not send SMS messages above a certain threshold
- Emojis – Spice up your campaigns
- Detailed In app Analytics – Track orders, link clicks, SMS by country, conversion rate, amount spent, specific automation stats, campaign stats, Image SMS, GIF SMS special tags and many more
- Google UTM tracking
How to build your Text Marketing subscription list?
- Make a small change in your checkout language (complimentary for all users + video tutorial included)
- Use built-in subscription form generator (or use our integration with JustUno or Privy)
- By texting a special SMS textword/keyword to our US shortcode (
- Best Practices, where we detail how to get the most of text marketing and automations as well as sharing TCPA, CTIA, GDPR compliance
What I do love about Privy is that it effectively convert website visitors into subscribers and customers. Unlike other marketing apps, Privy gives you unlimited
- Customizable, mobile-friendly display types including popups, spin to win wheel, banners, flyouts, scroll boxes, announcement bars, & embedded forms for email collections
- Single-use, and bulk coupon code integration. Surface coupon codes in popups, or in email autoresponders
- Target campaigns based on exit, cart abandonment, cart value, scroll, timer, location, device type, page, number of visits, number of orders, referral site, language & more
- Run automated A/B split tests to understand how small changes impact conversion rates
- Add ‘free shipping’ bars to any page
- Send autoresponders & reminder emails to turn signups into sales
- Run upsell models with add to cart buttons
- Use Privy’s Automate plan to send newsletters, remind customers with their abandoned cart & send follow up emails
- Seamlessly sync new contacts to more than 50 email marketing services like MailChimp, Klaviyo, Bronto, Conversion & more
Shopify Apps For Customer Support
Using Shopify apps to provide customer support is one of the important things that you should provide to your customers. It will build loyalty and it will increase customer satisfaction. So don’t hesitate to install one of the recommended Shopify apps for customer support.
Upgrade your customer support with our responsive and embeddable Easy Contact Form. Your customers can quickly and easily contact you privately on your website. Add fields and mark them optional or required. Premium versions include custom background images.
Easy Contact Form Features
- Add a beautiful background image and impress your customers
- Customize Templates for Customer Reviews and Feedback
- Add custom fields and departments, attach image and auto-respond incl in our premium version
- Multiple Forms also available with our premium option
- Embed or Stand-Alone options
- Secure with Ajax and HTML5 technology
- Loads asynchronously. Won’t slow down your website
- No coding needed. Easy Installation.
- Mobile friendly
Easy contact form provides 30 days money back if you think that it’s not worth the money. But they also provide Free Plan if you don’t want to spend money.
Every Shopify store should provide an FAQ page. since most of the customers will have questions about shipments, mode of payment, etc. Shopify stores should also have a nice and easy-to-navigate FAQ page.
HelpCenter will help you with that.
With HelpCenter app you can:
- Create an easy-to-navigate and searchable FAQs page.
- Publish Searchable Articles, Sections, and Categories.
- Let your customers submit questions they can’t find the answers to.
- Make your FAQs page look solid and professional.
Why You should use HelpCenter app:
- You’ll save lots of your Support Team time.
- You will
beable to provide instant help to your customers without supporting an expensive live chat.
- You will have a solid, attractive, and branded FAQs page.
- Multiple Customizable Layouts
- Prepared Most Frequently Asked Questions Drafts
- Pre-made Themes and Easy to Use Custom Styling Options
AfterShip is trusted by Shopify sellers to engage customers with a branded tracking experience. Start with their free plan to provide a better post-purchase experience!
Keep your customers updated on the whereabouts of their orders until delivery through an intuitive, customized tracking page and automated notifications.
- Engage Customers with Branded Tracking Page – Build your own tracking page to include product marketing banner and Instagram image feeds to impress, engage and upsell your customers. You can also upload your logo and customize the color scheme to conform to your brand identity.
- Improve SEO Ranking & Site Traffic – Replace the carrier’s tracking link with our auto-generated link to drive traffic to your site instead of the carrier’s site. Improve SEO and increase organic search.
- Eliminate Customer Frustration – Assure your customers that their order is on the way and give them an estimate of the delivery time. Remember, if an order goes undelivered and a complaint goes unanswered, frustrated customers often resort to writing a review to let you and others know.
- Monitor All Shipments in One Go – Track and check delivery status in the same place so that you can take remedial actions immediately before upsetting a customer.
- Reduce Customer Inquiries & Complaints – Reduce customer inquiries on order status by enabling customers to look up order status by order number+email or tracking number anytime. At the end of the day, happy, engaged customers are the most effective tool for marketing your e-commerce business.
- Notify Customers Before They Ask – Tell your customers where the order is and when it arrives at their door in a timely manner via automated email or text notifications.
If you’re looking for a free tool that would increase your customer’s satisfaction, and at the same time boost your sales, then Tidio Live Chat is what you’re looking for.
Tidio uniquely merges live chat, Bots, and Marketing Automation to meet the expectations of the most demanding Shopify store owners.
Tidio Live Chat Features
- Fast Contact – By adding Tidio Chat to your store you empower your customers with the quickest and most effective form of contact. Research shows that live chat can boost sales by as much as 40%. Next time your customer faces an issue, they won’t go to the competitors or waste time — they’ll contact you.
- Auto-Bot Response – Nobody can be available 24/7. Except for Bots, that is! Bots automatically reply to 43% of the most popular inquiries.
- e-mail and Messenger integration – How many times have you missed a customer’s message that was sent through a channel you haven’t been checking frequently? In Tidio, you’ve got all your channels in one place — you’re always able to reply to messages. If you’re often away from your computer, Tidio will give you a free mobile app.
- A modern widget design that suits any website – When designing the widget, it was our goal to make it gorgeous and suitable for any website. Dozens of thousands of sites that use Tidio have shown us that we’ve done a good job. You can adjust your own widget to the
colourscheme of your store.
Other recommended Shopify apps:
Shopify Apps For Store Design
Store design is one of the components that you should consider improving as well. Customers first impression is important. Like the old saying: “It is the first impression that lasts forever, so make it count’. “
You can use the following Shopify apps to not only improve your store design but also optimize them for fast loading.
In e-commerce, you have less than three seconds to build trust with a potential buyer and one of the easiest ways to increase conversion rates for your store is to add a set of payment processor icons.
Displaying payment badges is one of the most proven ways to build trust during the customer sales journey.
Free Trust Badge Features
- Brand new premium version – Unlock 250+ premium badges including full-color and credit card payment badges. You’ll also be able to add your badges to your homepage and cart page to build trust through the sales process. Upgrading to premium is an affordable one-time payment that gives you lifetime access to the premium version of the app.
- Simple setup in just two minutes – Very easy to use with no technical skill needed. Just install, choose your badges and that’s it.
- Fully customizable – Match your payment badges perfectly to your store’s design. You can customize the message, colors, alignment, size and much more.
- TOP QUALITY SUPPORT – They are 100US-based and looking forward to helping you. Their passion is helping Shopify store owners grow their businesses and understand the importance of fast, reliable customer service.
Stamped.io Reviews has proven to increase social proof that leads to an increase in sales. It also boosts your organic traffic by optimizing SEO, showcasing star ratings on products and collections page in Google search, increasing site ranking.
Marketing & Upselling
- Facebook Reviews Tab
- Smart Product Recommendations
- Incentivize Coupon for Writing Reviews or Sharing Reviews
- Facebook & Instagram Reviews Retargeting Ads
- Social Push reviews to drive traffic from Facebook and Twitter
Boost your organic traffic
- SEO-optimized Widgets for Reviews and Q&A
- Showcase star ratings on Product & Collections pages in Google Search, increasing site ranking
- Showcase reviews in Google Shopping to boost CTR
- Instant loaded reviews (inline-HTML) increase page speed
Fits your brand
- Emails and reviews widgets are 100% Customizable to fit your brand
- Custom Forms, add attributes to Customer’s reviews profile (e.g. fit, age, waist, etc)
- Email Sequence personalize reviews email subject, reviews message, layout, and intervals
- Liquid Support
- Product Groups Reviews
- Anonymous reviews
- Reviews moderation and commenting
- Reviews Syndications across multiple stores
- Custom Redirect URL on reviews submission
- Reviews Insights & Sentiment Analysis (A.I. powered)
- Reviews filter and Custom Form
- Point-of-Sales support
- GDPR Compliant
Let shoppers personalize products with dropdown menus, text and number inputs, checkboxes, radios and more. Infinite Options is 100% free! No watermarks, gimmicks or surprises.
Infinite Options Features:
- Easily add an unlimited number of product customizations to your products so you’re not restricted by the normal 3 option limit
- Control over placeholder and default values
- Set fields as optional or required
- Product bundling functionality allows you to add additional charges for services or add-ons offered with your products
- Dropdown menus and checkboxes can be set up to allow multiple selections
- Show a live count of remaining characters when you set a maximum character length
- Numeric fields can have minimum and maximum values
- It’s easy to get up and running in just 1 minute with only a single line of code to paste in your theme.
- Bundle add-on products to your option selections to increase prices. Need a $5 gift wrapping surcharge? How about $15 for rush processing? Infinite Options makes this easy!