Getting your website ranked on the first page of Google search and driving website traffic is probably one of the hardest things to achieve. Especially if you’re fresh to this kind of industry.
However, with good insight, passion, and eagerness to learn, you’ll surely be able to make at least one of your blogs rank up to the top of Google search results or who knows? Maybe you’ll be able to make your entire website rank up as well.
So In this article, we’ll be guiding you on how to not just optimize your website but also understand how online marketing can help your website gather organic visitors.
We’ll also discuss website promotions and ways on how to promote your website properly. And not just that, we’ll be giving you as well some blogging tips that are highly recommended this year 2019, things to do and things not to do to your website.
So let’s get started.
How to Get Ranked Higher on Google Search Results?
Before you get frustrated, let me tell you first that getting your articles rank up to Google search result will take a lot of time, and not just that, it takes dedication, patience, creativity, and resourcefulness. It also depends on what kind of niche your blog is about and how much competitors you have.
Did you notice? Whenever you publish your blog post, your blog won’t show up yet in Google search results?
That’s obviously because Google or any other search engines require to:
Most of the time it’ll end up under your competitors or other popular websites. Or let’s just say on page number 7, 8, or maybe 9.
The point is, you’re blog won’t climb up to the top of Google search results unless Google sees your content following their guidelines. (Which you should always by the way.)
So what can you do? Just wait and while you’re waiting, check your blog posts and see if there’s something you can do to improve them because the quality of a blog post is really important to get ranked.
Search Engine Optimization
I’ve mentioned this so many times that SEO is the most important thing that every blogger should learn.
Search Engine Optimization is one of the reasons why blogs are ranking up to the top of Google search results and if you don’t know how to SEO then chances are high that you won’t be able to rank any of your pages. Unless you wanted to pay for promotion. (which we’ll talk about this later shhhhh….)
Nowadays, it’s really tough to get ranked to Google search results using keywords with high competition level. So the better way is to use keywords with less competition and high search volume instead and keyword research tools can help you find these keywords.
- Domain Overview allows you to get more insight into what’s working for others like marketing strategies.
- Top SEO Pages report allows you to discover which of your competitor’s pages are ranking for popular organic keyword phrases and which ones are loved by Google.
- Keyword Suggestions helps you gain not just head keywords but also long-tail keywords based on what’s currently working for your competitors.
- Content Ideas, this will help you get the topics that people are actually interested in reading. Topics that are getting the most social shares and backlinks.
Use your keywords in your title!
Another thing that I would like you to remember is by using keywords in your title. Your titles will show up not just in your page but also in your browser’s tab, google search results and other websites that are linked to your blog.
Let me give you an example, let’s just say we have the keywords:
You can use these keywords to build an optimized title. Let’s give it a shot!
So we have Website Ranking, Google Search Results, and Organic Traffic.
We can do something like:
Get Organic Traffic For Ranking A Website To Google Search.
Do you see what happened? We used all the keywords to make a title that surely makes sense and easy to understand. By doing this, Google will know that your content is about getting organic traffic to your website to get ranked on Google search results.
Keep in mind as well that you should not make your titles more than 60 characters because you don’t want your title to be cut out like this one:
They say that meta descriptions also help to rank up your blog but in my opinion, I don’t think so.
Google is so smart nowadays that it reads your content from top to bottom. That means they know what your content is about. So even if you keep on putting keywords in your meta descriptions and your content is just trash? Google will still not put it on the top of the search results. That’s why I’m telling you to keep on writing high-quality and helpful content.
Everyone says that getting high authority backlinks is the one and only way to stay on the top of Google search rankings.
They are absolutely right!
Backlinks also known as inbound links, these are links that connect an external website to your website. This helps Google to determine the popularity of your website and that your website matters. Consider backlinks like a number of likes. The more likes, the more Google will like your website.
So how can you get backlinks?
There are many ways to get backlinks, number one is through outreaching.
Outreaching is when you contact other bloggers to link your website in their website but this is something that is really hard to achieve. Remember that everyone is your competitor and they’ll think that you are a competitor as well, taking advantage of them.
One of my favorite ways to get backlinks is through social media, message boards, and forums. You can use Reddit, Quora, etc – These are all good places to market your content.
Just summarize your content into something understandable and do a cliffhanger at the very end of your post and just add “Read more” at the very end of your post linking your website.
This helped me get hundreds of web traffic in just a few months and if you do this as well, I’m sure you’ll get web traffic too!
Another way to get traffic is by using Pinterest. There was this time where you can just pin your post and caption it with keywords again and again and again and it’ll just blow up and go all the way to the top of the feed. But right now, I believe they have made Pinterest a little bit smarter than before. But still, I highly recommend you to use Pinterest especially if your niche is about health, lifestyle, home decorations, or beauty.
YouTube is another way to get backlinks! If you have a channel, use it. Build an audience, make videos, and link it to your website. I suggest you do the same thing here where you do a cliffhanger and just tell your audience to go to your website if they want more information. It’s a clever way to attract visitors.
There are many ways to get website traffic. One of which is through paid promotions.
Paid promotions is a way to get website traffic through advertising networks like Google Ads, Bing Ads, etc. These networks will help you find the right audience for your blogs so if you are planning on paying for search, you should do it right.
Before you pay for search, make sure that your content is worth reading. Make sure that as soon as the reader arrives at your web page, they’ll interact with it until the very end of your article.
Make sure you convert them into your subscribers as well by showing a “Sign up to our mailing list” right at the very middle of your page.
Remember when I told you to use keywords with high search volume and low competition? This time you’ll be using competitive keywords.
When you pay for search, it doesn’t matter anymore if the keywords have high or low competition. Just use any keywords RELATED to your article with high search volume and it’ll do its job.
Personally, I believe that paying for promotion is just a temporary way to beat the competition and once you ran out of budget for your ads then you’re back at the bottom. That’s why I’m telling you to use this opportunity to write an awesome article that will lead your paid readers to become your loyal readers.
If you want to learn more about effective marketing strategies, I’ve provided some more tips in this article:
Speed up Your Website
Imagine you’re a reader and you search on Google about website traffic and then you click on one of the search results. Then the website you clicked takes a lot of time to load. Let’s just say it’s taking more than 10 seconds. Would you still have the patience to wait for that to load? Some would say yes, but mostly no.
Most readers will leave your website if it’s taking more than 6 seconds to load. That’s why website speed matters too.
Our website WeeklyHow, takes up to 2 to 3 seconds to load and I believe that’s a good time to load a web page. However, if there’s an opportunity for you to lessen that time. Take it! Because Google likes websites with fast loading speed.
If you’re having trouble with your TTFB (Time To First Byte). Read this article, it will guide you to speed up your web pages.
Things To Do With Your Blog
You may have heard some of this already but these are the things that you should do to help your website get traffic and rank up to Google search.
- Write awesome articles
- Understand your audience, know what they want.
- Use both short and long-tail keywords
- Use 3 – 4 catchy images in your blog posts. I personally use pexel.com to get stock images for free without watermarks. Don’t forget to compress your images as well.
- If you’re using WordPress, use a theme that is very simple yet very eye-catchy.
- If you have time, you may do guest posting. Find a website where they accept articles from bloggers outside their team and just link your website from theirs.
- Experiment with different Keyword Research Tools
- Always look at your statistics, use Google Search Console. Check which keywords are getting more clicks and impressions and use it more in your future articles.
- Research, Do lots of research and experiments. Since everything online is changing in a matter of seconds.
- ALWAYS UPDATE YOUR CONTENT. If there’s something that you can add in your old blog posts. Add it. Update it. Google will notice that you update your blog posts and it’ll rank up once again especially if it already ranked before.
- ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR WEBSITE
Things NOT To Do With Your Blog
- DO NOT GIVE UP! If you are new to blogging. Don’t give up just yet. Good results take time. It’s not like an instant noodle where you only need to put a little effort and you’re good to go.
- Do not upload heavy images. Do not upload images with file sizes of more than 1 MB. As much as possible make it less 1 MB.
- Do not flood your blog posts with ads. Your audience is visiting your website to read not to look for ads. Unless they do though, that’ll be great. But seriously, don’t put too many ads in your content.
- If you are writing blogs about products, do not make your content look spammy where you just wanted readers to click on your affiliate links.
- Do not forget to take care of your website.
Getting website traffic and increasing your Google rankings will take a lot of time and patience. There’s no guarantee that you will get thousands of visitors every day in less than a year. However, with hard work, knowledge, patience, and dedication. You will get your website rank up to Google search in no time.