Shopify App Development with Node, React, REST API & GraphQL
Shopify is growing exponentially! A lot of eCommerce businesses are being built using Shopify. Why not take this opportunity to learn how to create a Shopify app and make a profit out of it by making an app that works and helps Shopify merchants?
In this course, you will learn how to develop Shopify apps using Node.js and React. We will also go through the important parts of Shopify REST API like subscriptions, script tags, products, orders, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course updated and using the latest version of koa-shopify-auth?
Most of the lessons of this course are using the previous version of koa-shopify-auth which is, of course, version 3. However, I’m doing everything I can to ensure that this course can help you migrate from version 3 to version 4. I will be adding new lessons about the new koa-shopify-auth, the new Shopify library, and how to create a custom session.
Is this course relying on the documentation of Shopify?
Yes, but we only do that at the beginning, once we have set up our server and the modules, we’ll stop using the documentation and learn how to use the Shopify API ourselves.
How long do I have access to this course?
Once you have enrolled in the course, you will have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like.
March 21, 2021
- Added a new lesson “Database and Creating Custom Session Storage” to section “Update”
- Attached a project ZIP file to lesson “Database and Creating Custom Session Storage”
March 17, 2021
- Added a new lesson “Setting up App Bridge, GraphQL, and using Old Project Files” to section “Update”
- Attached a project ZIP file to lesson “Setting up App Bridge, GraphQL, and using Old Project Files”
March 14, 2021
- Added a new lesson “Setting Up A New Project & Server & Polaris” to section “Update”
- Updated course description
March 13, 2021
- Added new section “Update”
March 07, 2021
Shopify recently updated their koa-shopify-auth to version 4 and since this course is made using version 3, you’ll have to downgrade the library in the meantime.
- Updated the video of the lesson “Create and Installing the app to a store”
- Added an instructional description to the lesson “Create and Installing the app to a store.”
February 11, 2021
- Updated the video of the lesson “Installing Polaris”
- Added an instructional description to the lesson “Installing Polaris.”
What Will You Learn?
- In this course, you will learn how to create, of course, Shopify apps using Node & React, and you will learn how to fetch data from Shopify API using REST and GraphQL. You will also learn about webhooks, import script tags, and charge merchants with Subscription API.
Installing local development tools03:57
Creating the app01:38
Developing the app
Creating and Installing the app to a store18:32
Errors that you might encounter03:26
All about REST API
Getting Products using REST API14:29
Displaying Product List20:24
Deleting Products using REST API28:09
Creating Script Tags28:06
Preventing Script Tags From Being Installed More Than Once14:00
Deleting Script Tags16:00
Source files #1
Shopify Project Files
All about GraphQL
Installing And Getting Shop Data with GraphQL17:02
Creating App Subscription18:48
Draft Order Create & Complete10:48
Disabling Subscription (Temporarily)02:02
Creating Custom Orders29:57
Working with files
Server File Cleanup23:44
Order Page (Continuation)
Redesigning The Layout09:09
Resource List, Items, and Form14:25
Create Orders With Product Variants16:04
Webhook On App Uninstall18:20
Creating Popup Message App In Storefront27:47
Fixing Router 404 Not Found09:55
Install ScriptTag Page14:25
Create Orders Page04:26
Elena Project File
Setting Up A New Project & Server & Polaris21:06
Setting up App Bridge, GraphQL, and using Old Project Files11:45
Database and Creating Custom Session Storage33:22
Student Ratings & Reviews
If I need to learn from shopify tutorial then don't need to come here.